These are “flush-deck” hydraulic or electric furler with cylinder for removable stays. Furling units with self-aligning spherical fulcrum, designed for a “structural” flush-deck installation, are also available with integrated stay tensioning cylinder for the removable stay.
They may be manufactured with either direct motor “D” in line with the stay, or with motor parallel to the stay “P” to keep even smaller overall dimensions.
The system allows for:
- the use of any type of flexible removable stay (PBO, Kevlar, etc… not included in the supply)
- a simple and fast replacement of sails, thanks to both its shape and quick release pins (supplied upon demand)
- stay / sail tension adjustment thanks to the integrated hydraulic cylinder
- furling and unfurling any type of sail, such as Code Zero, Drifter, Genoa, Blade, Jib, etc…
- an easy and quick use of the sail. You just have to hoist the stay with the sail furled around it by using its halyard; correctly lock the halyard; proceed by tensioning the stay depending on conditions; then unfurl the sail.